You are worried that your family members have an eye on your Facebook profile that you are online all the time. But you want to appear offline on Facebook. Then here we have some tips for you on how to appear offline on Facebook. By going offline on Facebook no one will be able to see that you are online. In case you want to have a cartoon avatar profile then why not try some best cartoon avatar maker apps for Android and iOS.
Facebook is so popular among almost all age groups because of its popularity, penetration of the internet, and the reach of smartphones to each hand. Facebook comes with many features, one of them is going offline and online features. That allows users to figure out if a specific user is offline or online right now. However, this feature can be annoying for you if you want to avoid unwanted attention or simply want to scour someone’s Facebook profile without their knowledge. If you are a guy who loves to scroll the page stealthily, you need to know how to appear offline on Facebook.
Luckily going incognito on Facebook can be done in many ways. It doesn’t matter that you are using the desktop site of Facebook or the Facebook app on your smartphone you can appear offline always. You don’t worry about your friends and family are watching you online. In this article, we are going to discuss some ways to appear offline on Facebook.
3 Ways to Appear Offline on Facebook
Before discussing the methods to appear offline on Facebook please note that turning off the active status of your profile prevents you from seeing other people’s status as well. Every feature has its pros and cons so you will not be able to see others’ online status. That means you can not see if someone is online or offline. If these things don’t matter for you then you can go with the following methods.
1 – Using Facebook Application
Turning your online status off via the Facebook app is as easy as doing it on a desktop. If you are already using the app you don’t need to open any web browser to do that. Here are the simple steps to appear offline on Facebook from the app. Let’s see the steps:
- Open the Facebook app and log into your account.
- Find the 2 horizontal lines on your screen to open the menu and tap on it. It can be found in the top right corner of your screen.
- Navigate the settings and privacy then click on settings.
- Scroll down the page and find active status.
- When the toggle is on it means your active status is on and your Facebook friends can see your presence. To turn off the active status tap on the toggle and make sure its color turns to grey. It means now you are offline for all your Facebook friends.
But your friends will be able to see your last seen. After turning off the active status you won’t be able to see others’ active status as well.
2 – Using the Facebook Desktop site
When you are using the Facebook desktop site you can access Facebook with any web browser which is your favorite. Login to your Facebook account and follow the steps given below.
- Login to your Facebook account by entering your email/phone and password.
- Find the gear icon in the lower right corner of your screen. It should be within the chat bar.
- Click turn off your active status if you want to appear offline only to the specific contacts choose the other 2 options.
- Click on the ok button.
After doing this you will appear offline on Facebook. Your friends will not be able to notice your presence on Facebook. However, Facebook will show your last online status that is counted from whenever you turned off the active status.
3 – Using the Messenger App to appear offline on Facebook
Messenger is one of the most popular instant messaging and chatting apps by Facebook that you can use by logging into your Facebook account via the messenger app. Facebook Messenger is a separate application that handles Facebook messaging you can share media different media files etc. You can also turn off your online status on Facebook Messenger also. To go offline on the Facebook Messenger app follow the below steps. So let’s have a look at the steps to go incognito via Messenger App.
- Open the application and log in with your Facebook details.
- Go to the home tab, you will see your profile picture in the upper left corner of the screen, click on it.
- At the top of the screen, you will find an Active Status Button. Tap to turn off the toggle labeled as “Show when you are active“
Now, your messenger app’s active status has been turned off. Now you can send messages to anyone you like without the knowledge of the contacts you want to avoid. As with other methods, you won’t be able to see who is online or not. You can see their last seen only.
Now you know how to appear offline on Facebook. A question arises, is it really effective to turn off your active status? Well, some users prefer to use Facebook without letting others and some are ok with the online status with the green signal. Hope you like the article, share it with your social media friends.